Friday 19 April 2013

Calendula and a Cheshire Heart - Friday Garden

Good evening, my dears! It is late evening here now, I am almost sleeping, as the day has been a little hectic and I'm going to office tomorrow. I was making my D ready for a trip to Rishikesh - a must destination for many tourists who come to India. This is a holy place as well as a place famous for adventurous sports like river rafting, biking and camping. So I wish he would enjoy all these and will have some interesting photos to share. And speaking of me, he promised to take me there too, but this time it was strictly only employees' entertainment. 
So I am being a nice wife, continued my gardening and crocheting, and D, being a caring and attentive husband, brought these flowers from his office yesterday. Calendula was always a necessary  flower at my parents' dacha, I hope to continue this tradition.
 
This type of Calendula has cute fluffy blossoms. They were looking fine today after being planted into a pot...
What I can't say about this one, perhaps it shouldn't have been taken out of the soil while still having flowers. Though I hope it will get accustomed to new environment.
I have no idea how a stripy heart got into a post about garden :) Today was my friend's birthday, so I gifted her a new version of my Cheshire heart - with little bit of beads and sequins. I've gifted already many of these hearts and I enjoy making them a lot, and now to embellish, why haven't I thought of doing it before? "Good thought comes afterwards" according to a Russian saying.
Aha! Now I know why the heart decided to pop up here - it pretended to be a fruit on our citrus tree. How clever of you! The pattern for this heart can be found here.
Now I have to think of what I am going to do this weekend, as my D will not be with me. This is not an issue as soon as you have hobbies and projects in progress. Or friends who might take you out. Let's see how it all goes.
Have a great relaxing weekend wherever you are!

29 comments:

  1. Your flowers and heart are very pretty. I hope you get lots of crafting done this weekend and stay busy. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! Surely, I've done pretty much :)

      Delete
  2. Is that an 80 done in sequins & beads on the heart? Our weekend will hopefully be quiet, although we have a funeral to go to tomorrow. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not 80, I was trying to make paisley or leaves, but possibly failed ;)
      I'm sorry to know that, Jojo!

      Delete
  3. Have a great weekend. Love the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your calendula looks glorious. So sorry for the poor darling that didn't make; it happens ;-(

    I hope your hubby has a lot of fun. He is very attentive to bring you something, to show you that he loves you and that he wishes you were with him.

    And about that adventurous little heart... what a cute little rascal. I bet he his having flowery and fruity thoughts!

    Have some happy Anna time, this weekend. Enjoy your candles, your garden, crochet, do your nails... do whatever you want ;-)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you replied on each and every line of my post - so pleasant! :) Well, I did do some SPA at home, some crafting , gardening, some eating too. In one word - enjoyed!
      Thanks for a kind and long comment, Magaly! Have a happy and productive week!

      Delete
  5. So much alike Anna. I too love gardening and I'd know every sprouting leaf on our plants :) Its so much fun na? Your calendula gift is lovely. How thoughtful of him!! Please tell him so :) And the heart! Its cute. Your friend would be happy too. You have a lovely weekend. Sometimes, a lot of `me' time is also welcome. Isn't it? Enjoy it:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Aishwarya, seeing something you sowed becoming a real plant and giving fruits and vegetables - is one of the nature's miracles!
      I will tell him :) thanks! Yea, I enjoyed my time for myself, though rest of family was at home, hehe :)

      Delete
  6. I like it when my husband travels for business but he doesn't do it often enough. :) Thankfully, there is never a dull moment when you have crochet to keep you busy. The heart is lovely. Wishing you a wonderful new week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband also doesn't travel much, so I kind of (in spite of missing him a lot) indulge in my hobbies and time for myself :)
      Have a happy week too, Tammy!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I love that yellow flower and I love your heart! So beautiful! I hope you had a great weekend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your heart is really cute!
    I love calendula, they are such happy flowers. I especially love the orange ones. In my old garden I had so many of them. Now I try to get them into my new garden, and since they readily reseed it won't take too long to have them back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carola! Yes, it is easy to seed them, so go ahead, surely the will blossom soon!

      Delete
  9. I love when hubby goes out of town, I get so much work done around the house!I also go out with my friends to dinner and a concert, or play bingo! Lots of unfinished projects get completed as well! Can't wait to see what you do with your free time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, many things are done, but I can't say I was crafting much, just continued my blanket.
      Have a nice day, Jackie!

      Delete
  10. Tuesday, April 23 ---Hello Hindustanka. Lovely flowers. And your blanket is going to be gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for your visits to my blog and your comments, too! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Susan! I'm sure that with all that support from my friends, it will get done soon!

      Delete
  11. what a cute heart! I love the idea of embellishments. Calendula is supposed to be good for the skin right? Do you use it for anything or just grow it in a pot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Medha! Yes, it has good healing properties, but I am not using it for anything yet, as it has just been planted and somehow flowers don't open up :(

      Delete
  12. I love my little Cheshire heart you sent me - I need to put some photos of it up, now that my life is back to normal, somewhat. It is hanging in a special spot and makes me smile each time I walk by and see it. How wonderful that your D is so thoughtful with the flowers - hope he has a safe trip, and you, a beautiful, flower filled weekend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you made a special place for it, Tanya! :) My D is quite thoughtful at times, as he is so busy otherwise (as all the husbands are). He enjoyed his trip to the fullest! Had adventurous activities and swimming and good dinner :)

      Delete
  13. I hope you enjoyed your weekend and that time to yourself. I love calendulas, such pretty flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Qué lindo el corazón, y tus flores y verduras.
    Gracias por pasar por mi blog.
    Saludos desde Chile

    http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com
    http://atrapadaenmisletras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pot Marigolds are such lovely things. They can get a bit leggy, but the seed is easy to collect and they will self-seed like crazy.

    That heart is absolutely the sweetest little crocheted heart I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...