Saturday 12 October 2013

Pumpkin Drawstring Bag - Two in One

If you couldn't reach my previous post (thanks Jojo!), I apologize for that as I played with my blog settings yesterday. Now it is working in normal mode, and I have something to share with you. First of all, I am staying at home today as I have fallen ill a little, and  have plenty of time to do my favorite things, one of which is of course, crochet. My Autumn/Halloween preparations have been pending for long and it is high time to start it. First I thought of making an amigurumi pumpkin, but somehow was not satisfied with this idea, when I suddenly got inspired to crochet a cute pumpkin drawstring bag you see below - two in one! I used my own drawstring bag pattern and slightly modified it - it is shorter now and non-stripy :) 
 I was very pleased with how it turned out as the ribbon I bought just two days ago appeared to be so suitable for pumpkin design! I filled this bag with my jewelry and miscellaneous things, and it lifts up my mood every time I open the cupboard. I might prepare a pattern for the same if I have enough time, otherwise cannot promise even to myself.
I found nice shabby settings for a photo shoot at our backyard - some old chairs. This bag made my day, and I love the orange and green together! I wonder if it'll look this way in yellow color, as I want to make more of such bags as gifts. 
Time flies and it seems like whatever you plan stays a plan only. We are in the middle of October already, just two and a half months till new year! I am half way through with my blanket and I have big expectations for myself by the end of this month. Let's see.
I hope that those living on the Eastern Coast of India, manage to be safe, as the tropical cyclone Phailin hits that area today. It is a super cyclone which waves will be felt up to North India, so we await storms here as well. Even today the weather is significantly cooler. I am sending blessings to all of you, my friends! Be safe! ( and sorry for being bad with comments recently, I promise to catch up with all of you soon).

31 comments:

  1. Loving the pumpkin! How long did it take to make? I hope that you start feeling better soon and that the storm isn't too bad. Do children there trick or treat like here? Are pumpkins grown in India?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jojo! It took me an hour... was a very fast project :) Of which I ma very happy! I am better now... and nope in India Halloween is not actually celebrated, but I do, and decorate home a little and dress up :) Pumpkins, yea, they are grown here. I haven't bought any yet :(

      Delete
  2. Cute little pumpkin bag! I'm glad you adjusted your settings back to public, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! Well, I am also glad I got the settings back :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Anna

    Oh its so cute. And you did it in a day? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Aishwarya! yes, in about an hour :)hehe :) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love this pumpkin! So cute!! I hope everyone in the storm are safe! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! :) We are safe, but some people in other states still experiencing the consequences of the storm...
      Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  5. It's very cute indeed. The green is a perfect contrast - no wonder it lifts your heart! Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely pumpkin bag! Super :-)). I keep my fingers crossed that no bad storms will reach you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nata, glad you liked it! No, they didn't reach us. We were lucky.

      Delete
  7. Hi dear, Very cute idea. Somehow potlis are always so intriguing...no? Have a great week.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sangeetha! Thanks a lot :) Have a great up coming week too!

      Delete
  8. That's a cute pumpkin bag !! :) we are lucky we know crocheting and can make what we need...isn't it ? It is so nice to use things created by our hands. I hope you create your gift bags soon..... waiting for mine to receive ;) he..he..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Preeti! It is indeed amazing that we can create what we want! :) Well, I hope I find time for making of these bags soon :)

      Delete
  9. That is a cute little bag! Will be great for gifts filled with pumpkin goodies or chocolates. :) I can't believe October is near to finishing. Time definitely is flying by so very fast. Hope you are feeling better Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Tammy, and I enjoy so much making it :)
      Have a nice day, will be visiting your blog soon! Hugs!

      Delete
  10. I think that this is one of the nicest things I have seen you make, Maybe it's the colour, maybe it's the sweetness of the design, but this is just wonderful! Thank you for coming over to my blog and always being so supportive. It really make a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Rhissanna, thanks so much for your lovely comment! I am so so happy you like this little bag so much :) No thanks, you know I enjoy your works a lot!

      Delete
  11. What a perfect Hallowe'en shade of orange :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it cheers me up so much :) Thanks for leaving a nice comment, Annie!

      Delete
  12. Very cute! Maybe you can put eyes and mouth on the next one, for a real Jack-o-lantern look?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anna, I stopped by yesterday but noticed you hadn't posted. Thanks for coming my way. I hope all is well! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pumpkin bag is so sweet. It would be a perfect party favor filled with candy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...