Saturday 1 December 2012

Welcoming December with Crochet

Finally we have stepped into winter months, and I must say that the air has a tiny bit of snow coolness in it coming from Himalayas... Heaters out, we - inside the blankets! :) To tell the truth I do enjoy this time of the year - it brings homely mood, snug under the soft blanket, and cuddles. What can be better? Inspired by all these thoughts, I couldn't wait and crocheted two things, both pretty new to me. I have a wonderful pattern of Doily coaster by Bren G in my collection (click here to see it). I turned it into a Snowflake Doily by using white and cyan yarn.
Just have a look at this shiny cyan thread - so lovely and really easy to work with! I bought it from the usual yarn shop, and it didn't have any marking on it
Second crochet thing I made was something new and unusual to me. I must say thanks to Tammy from
 T's Daily Treasures blog for this unique idea of crochet rocks. She makes many of such with thinner thread, and they look amazing, you can see them on her blog title's picture. When I saw Tammy's Crochet Rocks post, this idea wasn't leaving me for the past few weeks. Fortunately I stumbled upon the gorgeous round stone on the way from office. First I ignored it, but then imagined how it would look in some lacy, "net-y" crochet kind of cozy ... So it ended up in my hand and obtained its cozy wrap today. I considered that the doily and rock looked quiet like a home decor set together. 
Hope your Saturday is as much homely and easygoing as mine. I saw all the lovely things you prepare for coming up holidays, feels good to see all those! :) Have a nice Sunday, my friends!

30 comments:

  1. beautiful design. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precioso te ha salido lindo, unos colores muy delicados me gusta, besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely, my friend!

    I want to learn to crochet little
    hearts ~ a winter project : )

    Hope you've had a wonderful
    Saturday....

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearts will be a lovely decoration, Suzanne:) looking forward to see them in your blog. Thanks for a lovely comment!

      Delete
  4. ooh snowflake doiley is so nice ..nice idea and nice sparkley wool 'tis the season to be sparkely hehe.. the rock will be happier indoors now too ..where it can be appreciated (you have changed it's life for the better im sure) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how precisely noticed, Bonita! I hope to change other rocks' lives as well...going to office tomorrow.
      Thanks for leaving a nice comment!

      Delete
  5. Nice pattern! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Preeti! Hope you will also use this pattern as it is really nice!

      Delete
  6. The cozy home for the rock is real sweet ha! Nice doily . Looks pretty.... you could make a few more and turn them into a table runner....

    HAve a nice week end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a great idea, Aishwarya! I was planning to make a table runner, may be will try it out now:)

      Delete
  7. Too precious. And so cool for the season ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the snowflake. I am in complete awe of people who can knit or crochet. i can't do either. (I've really tried!) That rock looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhisanna, you made me blush now!Thanks so much! Well, you cans till try to crochet or knit, may be it'll go better now;)

      Delete
  9. The Snowflake Doily coaster is very pretty. Anna,your blog is very interesting.Thank you for sharing.Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa! And no thanks, I am glad you find it interesting :)Thanks for reading it!

      Delete
  10. I adore crocheting and have been since I was 13 years old. The crocheted 'rock' paper weights or whatever they are used for is a brilliant idea.
    Thank you for coming to leave a comment on my blog.
    Nice meeting you!
    Teresa in California
    http://amagcialwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...again! I specially bought white n firozi cotton yarn for the potholders...lets see how mine turn out. Did I say thanks to you for the pattern? :)
    Hugs
    Shikha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd LOVE to see the potholders, you know I am really hooked now on snowflakes :) So you shall try, they look awesome in home interior! :)
      Thanks for liking how my doily turned out to be :) thank the person who invented the pattern!:) See you!

      Delete
  12. Lovely !
    Thanks for the visit.
    Have a a nice day.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have wanted to try the crochet rocks but haven't yet.:-( Cute snowflake doily. Stay warm and have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should hen, Charlotte, because they look awesome!
      Warm hugs from me to you!:)

      Delete
  14. Love the doily. And thanks for the mention. If I see a nice rock and don't pick it up, I must go back the next day and do so or it haunts me. Ha! Yours turned out great. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well... hmm... I did the same just yesterday! Picked 2 more rocks...haha:)
      Thanks, Tammy!

      Delete
  15. The doily is beautiful - the blue edging makes it very special.

    How lucky you were to find a perfect rock for crochet! We don't have any smooth rocks where I live. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think it was a good idea to add blue to it, Mrs. Micawber :)
      You know I found the rock accidentally, and there are more of them left after the facing of the the paving stone. More to be collect hopefully until they all are not being lost somewhere...:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...