Wednesday 12 December 2012

Snowflakes, Drawstring Bags and Yellow Doily

Yesterday morning the sky looked like this. It rained and made the air so chilled. What I am not looking forward is fog... When it's foggy here, you feel more cold and gloomy. Well, sunny days  sometimes turn to cloudy in India too; it's around + 18 in the day time and + 9 in the evening. However, there are always advantages of such weather. I can wear my autumn coats, hats, gloves and shawls now! It feels good for a change ;).
Now let me share some of my latest crochet creations, not all of them have been captured on camera. I made my first crochet snowflakes. There are so many patterns available! These I made with the pattern Snowflake Tree Decoration from the site CoatsCrafts. I stiffened them with fevicol (white glue) and water solution.
I hung this one above our bed, but then placed it somewhere else.  I'm going to show in the next post what I finally used these snowflakes for.
One of the Christmas gifts I wasn't sharing for a long time. I think I can do it now. These drawstring crochet bags are based on the first drawstring bag I made. I even tried to write a pattern and posted it on Ravelry here. It might need testing though.
           
 I made this yellow doily plus to those Christmas/New Year gifts. The pattern is called Gemstone Doily. I added two more rounds to make it larger. I like how it turned out with this yarn. (It's left over yarn from my ripple baby blanket). Don't know yet whether I'm going to gift it or use it myself :).
That's all for now, and I can't wait to post some beautiful pictures of the project I completed yesterday. Have a great day ahead and enjoy holiday time!

24 comments:

  1. Such pretty work - the snowflakes are lovely and the doily is really nice, I love the colour! It keeps getting foggy and dark here too. I don't mind it too much but it makes taking photos of my crochet very difficult ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Elisabeth!
      Yes, I also have same issue with taking photos now... never can get proper light.What to do?:)

      Delete
  2. So, so cute! Now you can crochet a hat, like a Doily! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do beautiful work! I love those drawstring bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the doily is sooo pretty! I love the color.

    we had wonderful winter weather today, all the snow and we had amazing sunshine too today, but I won't post the picture, don't want to tease you :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Diana:)
      yes, please, don't tell me more and don't post pics, or i will spend all money on flying to Germany to see your winter:)

      Delete
  5. We ofcourse need so many snowflakes since we don't receive them during christmas. Don't you think so? :)
    Evu - amateurcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Evu! I can never get enough of snowflakes;)

      Delete
  6. Love those snowflakes. I've never tried stiffening with glue & water before. The gift bags and doily are lovely, too. So nice to be able to make quick and easy gifts for giving! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you liked my crochet works, Tammy.
      I also have your crochet gift bags in my mind, they look lovely and I guess much quicker to make than mine:)want to try.

      Delete
  7. Hola amiga una entrada de lo mas linda unos trabajos preciosos esas estrellas son lindas sabes hacer el crochet muy bien a mi me gusta mucho el crochet aunque no puedo hacer de momento son tantas cosas y ese tapetito es maravilloso yo creo que debes de usarlo tu porque a veces tenemos que disfrutar también de nuestros trabajos, te dejo un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matilda, for your always warm comments. Well, I think i will use this doily myself:)

      Delete
  8. The summer is always better isnt it? Except you can do lotsa cozy hooking in the winters tho :) Waiting to have a look at your finished project...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right, but summer limits your clothing options and also in our city you can't afford wear anything open :(this is a sad truth.
      it's there, the project:)

      Delete
  9. Those drawstring bags are really nice! I've not seen many crocheted bags like that, so yes, you need to get the pattern out there. Your snowflakes are so delicate, my favourite is the big, open star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhissanna :)i found such joy in making the snowflakes!

      Delete
  10. Everything's so lovely: Snowflakes, bags, doily - I really like them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked ;)thanks for your nice comments, Nata.

      Delete
  11. Oh! I missed this one. You have made many snowflakes and they are beautiful :) I liked the dark Colored drawstring bag. I made one drawstring bag couple of months back to keep yarns but it is too stubborn to stand for photo shoots :) your doily looks pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how could you not to notice it before, Preeti?...kidding:)
      thanks for liking my crochet. I filled the bags with some things and then took the pictures:)

      Delete
  12. Isn't it amazing how many snowflake patterns there are - just like in nature I suppose - really like your pointy one. Thanks for the tip about the glue too.
    Love your drawstring bags practical and colourful!
    Thanks for all your positive comments on my blog they are much appreciated
    Happy Christmas to you both.
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, Ali, snowflakes have numerous shapes, same in crochet :)
      Thanks for liking my crochet works:)I appreciate you taking time to comment.
      Merry Xmas!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...