Monday 17 December 2012

Our Life

I watched the movie Life of Pi almost two weeks ago, I liked it a lot because of the special affects and the plot itself of course.  Today I was reminded about it, but the post is not about the movie and somehow I was not planning telling anything like this today. Yet, in the face of so many bad events around the world, all the news we hear and we get terrified of... I  ask, whether God allows all this to happen if he is up there, and if yes, then why?
The "Life of Pi" had its explanation. This boy, sitting in the boat of life, lost his parents and his brother in the storm, when  the ship, which was taking them  from India towards better life in Canada, sank... Pi (boy's name) survived juts to find himself in a boat surrounded by the wild animals from the same ship. In the end its only he and the tiger left, and in spite of their constant fight for being supreme, they finally unite in order to live further... not knowing if there is an end to this situation ever.
The grown up Pi says that this adventure proved that God exists. However I ask again why one has to suffer in order to remove all the doubts? Why did this imaginative boy have to lose all his family to finally believe... ? I am also referring to the last horrible REAL events in Connecticut and many other which had happened before, here and there...Why? I personally have no answer and I'd not like to make anyone upset, it just disturbs me.
The peaceful scenes from the movie are fascinating and meditative. Our life is not always such, nonetheless.
Sending all the warmth and good wishes to all of you and may your days be easygoing, jolly and beautiful. Have a Merry Christmas/Yule/ or any winter holiday you celebrate!

P.S. The movie is based on the book with same name "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel.

14 comments:

  1. hi anna,
    Just wrote about "life of pi". Here is a spiritual Q in context of "Life of PI"
    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!what a coincidence!... you know, I bet there are things I'll never get...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hindustanka, this is a lovely post. I know we can't explain things, all we can do is pray for a better way, a better understanding, and for peace for all those involved.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Meredith, I just hope that our prayers do change something, otherwise...

      Delete
  4. Since I can't deal with tear jerker movies, I won't be watching this one. But it's very sad what happened in Conn. and the USA is in major grief right now. So senseless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jojo, it's not the movie's fault, in fact, movie (or a book) also searches for some answer...
      i know, and we here are also in shock...

      Delete
  5. There is much of life that is beyond our understanding. I will never be able to comprehend how one person can hurt another, do such horrible, evil things, to anyone, but especially to children and animals. It is all so very disturbing. Why must there be such hatred and disdain? I don't understand at all. Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very hard to answer these questions - I only know that God is good, and one day He will make all things right.

    I haven't seen that movie but it looks like a very good one. Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Mrs. Micawber! Do watch this movie (or read a book if you find it). Let me know in case you do:)

      Delete
  7. Hello Hindustanka...
    Thank you so much for your visit and comment on my blog.

    We are all so very sad here, over the killings of so many, innocent little children.

    Hope you have a peaceful day on Tuesday. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...