Thursday 13 December 2012

Branch Of Snowflakes

I was pretty much excited to show you this project. I understand that it is very simple at the same time, but I was very happy to make it. So here is my winter holidays (праздники – pra'zdniki) decoration. It's important to note that it is cheap and quick to make. Perhaps I needed to add some other ornaments to it, or ribbon bows, or make smaller snowflakes, nevertheless I like it the way it is. 
To tell the truth, that was my husband's idea to keep this wine bottle for "something"... This something has now obtained a holiday look and serves as a vase for a branch of snowflakes. I picked up the branch near by our house, painted it gold and added some glitter on the tips. 
I was inspired by Matilda's wonderful photography of her handmade items and decided to take pictures in a similar way. It looks cozy and mystic, doesn't it? 
First such attempt of DIY decor went fine. We can enjoy its coziness and dream of such winter (зима - zima') which, for example, Diana has in her city now :) Thanks to all for lovely, inspiring comments and for taking interest in my sunny/cloudy/cold days.
P.S. Following few suggestions/requests of my dear blogger friends, I will starts teaching some Russian words and expressions in my posts. Today's are holidays related. Hope you enjoy!
                               праздник/праздники – pra'zdnik/pra'zdniki - holiday/holidays
                                                                зима - zima' - winter
                                                                 снег - sne'k - snow
Новый Год – No'vii got. – New Year
Рождество - Rajdestvo' - Christmas 
С Новым Годом! – S No'vim go'dam! – Happy New Year!
С Рождеством! – S Razhdestvo'm! – Merry Christmas! 

Notes:   '  - stress marker
           some sounds was difficult to convey through signs, but I tried to :)

27 comments:

  1. Oh, Anna, what a wonderful decoration!

    In Bulgarian:

    Празник, зима, сняг, Нова Година, Рождество/Коледа, Честита Нова година и Честита Коледа

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Svetla:)yes, the words are almost same! i'd like to learn Bulgarian.

      Delete
  2. So cozy it looks! Great use of the wine bottle. Does it have any special memories attached to it, i m sure it does :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes:) this bottle was brought by my husband from the official trip to Thailand, but wine was Chilean:)hehe

      Delete
  3. Those are beautiful photos! I have a candle cup with stars very similar to yours & I will have to shoot a pic of the reflection sometime! Never thought to use that angle! The bottle is a nice touch too. I collect bottles with nice labels too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked how the pictures came up:) would love to see your snaps!
      really? do you have some pictures of your collection in your blog?it must be interesting!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Julie!:) Glad you liked it too. Really, I appreciate your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hihi :)

    what a lovely idea teaching us some russian, if only I knew how to pronounce the cyrillic (?) script :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, Diana! you are absolutely right, we use cyrillic script:)I probably could give some lessons on this too, however my blog then will look a little messy..I mean, I will need to start a new one.there are many sites in the Internet about Russian language,so if you wish you could just check out Russian alphabet there.
      Have a nice day!

      Delete
  6. How lovely they look hanging on a branch! Such a sweet idea! I love the Russian words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen:) Glad you liked this idea which came from my blogland friends:)

      Delete
  7. I am in live with your snow flake motifs Anna... They have come out very cute. Lovely.....I liked the flowing tablecloth beneath the laughing Buddha too. It looks dainty....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thanks so much Aishwarya:) That tablecloth is very old, made by husband's nani ma:)

      Delete
  8. Wow, that looks so beautiful!! Great idea to use this lovely decorated bottle and to color the twig :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How simple but beautiful! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do have, thanks, Charlotte:)you too have a Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful.The light from the lamp adds charm to the work Anna. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Anna! I am struggling to get branches balanced in a vase here ... perhaps I'd do better with a wine bottle!

    Beautiful photographs :D

    С Рождеством!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie:) Well, you can may be balance the bottle by putting some pebbles inside it(question, how to do it without breaking the bottle;)
      Oh wow! You learned Russian :)Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  12. So nice to be able to put something so lovely together at little cost. Your snowflakes are very pretty. I have a vase with branches that I trimmed from an outdoor bush that dried up. I change the decorations on it throughout the year. How interesting to share your language. I've lived in Kuwait 18 years and never have been able to grasp Arabic. My husband speaks English, Arabic and Urdu. When we were in India a couple of years ago, everyone thought he was a local. :) Best wishes to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! That's a great idea to have some decoration which you can adjust according to the season:)
      That was a question I wanted to ask for long time: did you manage to learn Arabic?:) Yes, Urdu is very close to it too, no wonder you husband learned it;) Come to India again, visit us:)

      Delete
  13. Очень красиво! Сказочно! Настоящее чудо! Волшебство!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spasibo, Olesya:) No vashi igrushki samye skazochnye!

      Delete
  14. Well, everything looks wonderful. so pretty! Thank you for sharing at TTF last week. I hope you are having a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really lovely and I really like the new style of photograph. Thank you for the Russian! I'll have to go and practice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...