Tuesday 23 October 2012

DIY Photo Frame Adventure

  A quick post about my DIY photo frame adventure. A friend of mine and a colleague J had her marriage anniversary four days back, so I decided to hand made something for her and chose the DIY photo frame. J liked it very much, and I hope it will find place in her house.
 Thanks a lot to Dr Sonia's incredible Photo Frame  tutorial and Neha's way of wrapping the paper around the photo frame! It was easy to do and so interesting to see the result. This is not perfect, but the photo looks pretty in it, I tried. Hehe. Want to make something like this for myself now too.
  I decorated the frame with Bindis. If you've ever seen or heard what bindi is (info for my readers who are not from India), it is a dot, placed in between of eyebrows, it can be made of fabrics, decorated with rhinestones, glitters and can be of any size. I purchased these from a fancy Indian shop. The idea to decorate the craft stuff with bindis came from Dr Sonia as well :)
                              
   If you remember, I bought awesome zigzag scissors which I finally  used for cutting the edges of wrap paper for the back of the photo frame. Can you also see those sparkling flowers? I cut them from the covered with glitters foam sheets, which were a pleasant finding in the same stationery shop. Later I also attached a holder but it looks better without it though.
 Have a lovely day ahead! Tomorrow we are having Indian festival called Dussehra. Will try to make a small post about it, don't you want to see a piece of Indian culture?:)

12 comments:

  1. That is very cool looking. Handmade gifts are the best. And always good to try something new. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...*I am blushing now*

      Delete
    2. It's very pretty! I like the bindhis. And yes, I'd like to hear all about the festival. :)

      Delete
    3. Mrs. Micawber, I am coming with photo report soon :)Thanks!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Anna, That is a nice use for bindis. You do come up with unique items.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful frame and I would love to hear more about the festival, have fun.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely, Meredith, i am going to post about it tonight :)Stay tuned! Anna

      Delete
  4. Nice photo frame! Good use of bindis:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am so thrilled to see my Photoframe tutorials were of use to you. Such a sweet heart you are for crediting me with the bindi idea too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely of use, Dr Sonia! Thanks :) However I am sad that I didn't find more time to make another frame.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...