Monday 25 August 2014

Nearing Two Month... Already

Up at 8 in the morning, feeding, making him sleep, then rushing to the shower, preparing breakfast and eating... fast (that's why it's called "breakfast"?). Sometimes I am on time, sometimes have to take my little one along to the drawing room and place near myself. Then again: feeding, making him sleep (if he wishes), changing nappies, cuddling, kissing his soft cheeks, then bathing him in the evening, waiting for papa to come from office... I feel a little relaxed when he is around, and my baby boy feels happy to see his daddy after so long! Here is pretty much the same schedule I have been following since my son's birth. I love it... but I long to go out of the house too. Like far out... not just in the park near by. So we did when finally made a short trip to Kasauli hills with our friends, one of whom also has a baby, June born girl. The trip was awesome, I had loads of interaction with Russian girls, and we had a great time together with D and our Indian Prince.
view from the balcony

My Indian Prince had his first 1 month birthday on the 5th of August... The month was a flash because of its business, because of a new life we have begun which evolves around our dear son. He gained more than a kg (from 2900 g to 4190 g!)  and grew 4 cm more (from 51 to 55!) - all in one month! I am proud of it as I can say that I nurtured him well :)
I used to feel overwhelmed, exhausted, happy, helpless, grateful - all possible feelings you can have when you realize you are a parent. I am sure that after a while things will become more steady, more interesting, more challenging too. I will be ready! Right now I enjoy so much kissing tiny fingers and touching his cute little nose, watching him sleep peacefully with his mouth open and a tongue slightly out sometimes (hehe), and there are many many more such things me and D adore witnessing.
On the Indian Prince's first birthday a friend of mine, who is residing in Russia now with her Indian husband, came by with her two boys. She brought lovely children books from Moscow. One of them is short poems for children by Agnia Barto. I myself still remember many of them as my mom used to read them to me too :) Now I have something to start incorporating Russian language as my child grows.
He is nearing 2 months already, and a special ceremony was performed when he was 40 days old, and the told by the priest, my son was kind of "baptised" into a Hindu... Anyway he indeed has changed so much, became more chubby and healthy looking, smiles and makes happy sounds a lot, tries to convey us something in his baby language. I noticed he started sleeping for longer periods in the night...but he is still so small and depends on us so much in all the aspects!

In spite of a busy new schedule I found time to make this cocoon for our son from that eye lash yarn I intended for a shrug first.  It was meant to be used during our trip to the hills, but I completely forgot to take it out... let us try it some other time.
Some more baby stuff I'd like to share. My baby received many many gifts, among them is this lovely book I'm a boy, sent by Preeti of Createwittyunleashed. Thank you Preeti! I have started to fill  it up, and hope to use those huge buttons for some projects ) Also I got many other things by post, and will tell about them later.
My mother-in-law sewed two pretty cotton sheets for her grandson. Thank you mom!!
 More teddy bears! A friend of mine visited three days ago with a bag full of things for my baby boy.
And this special cross stitch I made around a month before my son's birth - a Slavic amulet Fireeye (Ogneglaz) with a symbol of the young babies Radinec in the middle. 
That's all for now, I hope to be back soon with a more organized post :) Or may be less...lol. As you see now I am a totally baby oriented blogger ))
Have a lovely week ahead, my dears!

16 comments:

  1. Awww! Sounds like you are adjusting to the new schedule of motherhood quite well! Best wishes for baby's 2 month birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy these precious times with your little prince. They pass quicker than you think. Hugs, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that the Indian Prince is happy, healthy and growing bigger every day! A new Mom's life is so hectic, I'm glad you were able to pop by with a new post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss those sleepless nights. NOT! Enjoy your baby while you can because they grow up so fast. Can't wait til you post a picture of the little prince.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear you are getting along so well! Have been thinking of you - XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My! Have I been away this long, I missed the little prince's arrival? So Glad he made it here safe and sound! What a blessing to have a son, I gave birth to 1 son in my life, he is my pride and joy. Your world will revolve around him and he will love you as you have never been loved before. A mothe son bond is the strongest bond there is! Congratulations! I look forward to seeing how your little prince grows into a noble man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking about you this morning, Anna, and wondering how you and the little Prince were doing! So glad that all is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw sounds lovely Anna, I'm pleased you are all getting used to each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure seems like an organized post to me. I know that you are very busy with your little one. Will you go back to work or did you decide to stay home with him full time? I am 99% sure this will be my last year working at the school I'm at. It's become a toxic environment where I do not want to continue to give of my time and energy. Glad to see you are finding some time to craft, get away and blog. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to hear from you! I am so happy things are going well ;o) I love all the special gifts ;o) Your little one is truly loved and truly blessed ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear from you that both of you are having a great bonding time:) Babies grow very fast.
    It's nice that you had a great vacation time but your baby is too small. Even last time I guess you went to hill station in rainy season. I know you might have taken extra care with baby on board but I am scared of hilly regions in rainy weather.
    Your cross stitch looks colorful and pretty!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you and your little family. How wonderful to have a new baby. I loved reading about the changes you are experiencing. How nice that you include us in this journey. All the gifts look adorable and I do like the bag with the teddy bears on it.

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to read that the little prince is doing well, how time flies by! Pretty gifts, and I like that sweet little cross stitch cushion you made :-). All the best & a sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww ... enjoy this precious time with your little boy. Happy belated birthday to him! Blessings - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you are doing well, both you and your Indian Prince. I missed you a lot! Lots and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your time with your prince nothing can compensate the beauty of motherhood ....hold this time tightly as it tends to slip out of your fist like Smooth sand ..so hold on

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...