Sunday 20 April 2014

Happy Easter 2014!

 I think it is a wonderful Spring time event marking all good in our life. When I was a kid I used to love all the preparations like coloring and painting eggs and baking traditional Orthodox Easter cakes called "Paska". My Mom also decided to bake them herself this year, and I would like so much to try again one of these tasty creations. 
What about me? I am kind of limited this year with just 10 eggs colored and decorated with lovely stickers which I still have from the special Easter decoration sets. Initially I boiled 12.. but I don't know why I always end up with 2-3 eggs completely destroyed. So even remaining ones are not perfect, but still I have Easter eggs in India!!! Yey! So today we will say each other phrases "Hristos Voskrese" - "Voistinu Voskrese" (Christ has Risen!) and exchange kisses into cheeks three times (I like doing it with my D)) as per the Russian tradition, and may be will have Egg game.
A lovely Easter poem father sent in the sms as I am writing this post (in Russian):
Ты яичко золотое на ладошку положи,
И на ушко тихо Богу жизнь свою всю расскажи.
Он поймет и не осудит, и подскажет на перед:
Где соломинку подбросит,
Где на ушко что шепнет.
Лучик солнца шлет с небес:
Радуйся, Христос Воскрес!

Happy Easter to all! Enjoy your day and be happy!

23 comments:

  1. Your eggs look lovely, have a great Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi! Belated Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  3. I love to decorate eggs but I have always been sad when they have to be peeled. So last year I started blowing out all the eggs I wanted to decorate so that I could save them. This year I found dyeable plastic eggs that are also hollow inside. The possibilities are endless with those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the same here! :) But you are so inventive! We don't have plastic eggs here, yet. I can imagine how creative you can get with their decoration.

      Delete
  4. Happy Resurrection Day to you and your family,Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter to a dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your egg turned out! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter, Anna!! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Hindustanka...Oh, wish I could understand Russian. Loved your eggs. Hope your Easter was wonderful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna, The eggs are looking pretty and colourful. Happy (belated) Easter. Hope you had a wonderful time.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a special day! I love your eggs ;o) I hope you had a great Easter ;o) I love Paska ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed Christ is Risen..Have a blessed time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nima! We had a nice Ester weekend :) Hope you too!

      Delete
  12. I hope you had a joyous and blessed Easter. Hugs - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your eggs look beautiful. I, too, found myself missing my grandma a lot this time of year. She really enjoyed the cooking and the decorating and the baking (and I enjoyed the eating). The Little Princess, my Piano Man and I mostly watched movies and played cards. They were trying not to eat too much candy in front of me or complicated foods (because my tooth still bothering me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look nice... I liked their colors this year. I always want to much to celebrate all the holdiays at home, but... ok :)
      Can you imagien I started havign some mild tooth ache... let us see where it leads. I wish you to heal yours as soon as possible!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...